Content is what always makes anyone to visit your blog, so you must be prepared to provide great information and articles on a regular basis if you want your visitors to keep coming back to your page. The thing is the more you blog, the harder it can be to come up with fresh ideas to write about.
If you’re running out of ideas of what to write about then don’t give up but take a look at the following blog post ideas to light up your creative juices…
1. Tips. People love tips, period. So whatever niche you belong to, show your expertise by writing a tips post. If you are in the voice lesson niche you could do “Voice Care Tips for a Healthy Set of Singing Vocals”. If you are blogging about recipes then you could write “Tips for Making a Perfect Salad”.
2. How to. I’m sure you always like “easy-to-follow” instructions so other people do! Whether you want to teach your readers how to touch wall without actually touching it (eh? lol!) or (seriously though) you can teach them how to get traffic to your blog and keep it, it’s all up to you… the choice is always yours.
3. Read a book. Reading a book, much like reading a blog, you get to journey inside someone’s mind. The book, whether good or bad, should invoke a thought process inside you. Channel that to write a blog post.
4. YouTube. More often than not you can find a video related to your niche and just write an article about it. But, make it your own. Do not straightly steal someone else’s work.
5. Link Roundup. Write a post that includes a list of links to other blog posts that published great posts or to websites you like.
6. Recommendations. Share recommendations for your favorite books, websites, movies or other “favorites” related to your niche.
7. Newspapers and magazines. Just like books, these are great places to find topical and timely information that you can post on a daily basis. They will definitely give you ideas of what is current in your niche.
8. Reviews. Do you know that you can actually write a review of just about anything on your blog? The possibilities are nearly endless. Just think of something you’ve tried and write about your experience and thoughts. (i.e. Books, Hotels, Restaurants, Movies, etc…)
9. Quotes. Share a quote from prominent people (Inventors, Celebrities, Music Icons, Tycoons, etc..) in a field related to your topic and be sure to cite your source!
10. Answer Reader Questions or Comments. Review comments left by your readers and find any questions or statements that can be used to spark a new post.
These are just some of the ways you can do to help you come up with new ideas and articles every day. It really isn’t difficult; the hard part is making the commitment to do it every day with consistency. If you think blogging is something that you will be doing on a regular basis (daily or thrice a week), then set a structure in place. Every Monday you do a video post, every Wednesday you do a “how to” post, every Friday you do a “motivational” post. The structure will provide focus as to the content that you generate.